Tuesday, September 18, 2007

busy man...

So the blog has taken a back seat to a lot of the other things I've had going on...

One of the goals I had this summer was to get my handicap back down to where I think I should be. well i managed to do just that. 6.5 which I believe is my lowest ever (although 6.2 stands out in my head but that was back in 2004 and the memory is failing)

I attended my 36th, 37th, and 38th DMB concerts. 11 plus years of going to shows. the new songs are excellent and I'm sure the band will still be going strong when I get back. Ideally I'll be back at the Gorge Amphitheatre in Central Washington next Labor Day for the 9th consecutive year. Well ideally I'll be able to stretch the funding out and I'll still be wandering South America. The trip to the Gorge this year with Maddog was a good time. 36 holes of golf. (683 yard par 5 included) 3 amazing shows and perfect temps.

Speaking of concerts I picked up Neil Young tickets yesterday morning. 10th row center. A pretty good going away show if you ask me.

I've been spending a lot of time working on the truck. The inside of the truck. This weekend I hope to begin cleaning up some of the lingering mechanical bugs. the previous post was one I copied over from IH8MUD.com but I realize some readers won't have access there so I copied it over.

Yesterday I spent what felt like way too much money on mosquito protection. netting, spray for clothing, impregnated clothing, and repellent for my skin. Purchased my stove (jetboil) and a water filter (katadyn) and finished up the book shelf for the truck.

Since the last post I also helped Mule Expedition design my roof rack. It should be finished by Sept 30. will give me a month to run around with it and tent on the truck to start getting used to the way the truck drives.

oh and I ran 3 consecutive miles for the first time ever in my life. still can't believe i've stuck to the running. quite the shocker for a guy as lazy as me.
dmc

No comments: