Tuesday, August 7, 2007

i'm going to die

Expedition de Muerte? That is what the nurse providing my vaccinations led me to believe this morning. Yes I realize it is her job. Yes I know she needs to be extra cautious. But come on, will even breathing kill me along my route? I was there for my shots. I was there to get my yellow fever card to allow me to cross borders. But I had no idea the ‘consultation’ would be ‘everything you see, eat, drink, touch, feel, swim in, or get stung by will kill you.’ The four needles and stiffness in my arm were all I really wanted. The literature she passed out will be valuable however when she proves to be correct and I’m trying to diagnose Malaria through a hazy fog of its symptoms.

I’ve also added two ways to subscribe to my blog so you can be notified when I post updates. RSS (which I really don’t understand but I know people use it) and email. Let me know if you’re having issues with either.
dmc

No comments: