Saturday, March 29, 2008

confusion

I made some changes to the gallery last night. Going to add pictures country by country. However I was working on the gallery directly and not in the frame of the website. It will need some tweaking but that might have to wait until I get home. Here is the direct link to the gallery. I’ll figure it out. I’m just not that smart when it comes to that stuff and honestly I gave up about midnight last night and watched the NCAA tourney on the laptop instead.

Along with that confusion comes the confusion of where I am sitting. Punta Arena, Chile. A day’s drive from Ushuaia. I’ll be there tomorrow morning. How do you reconcile 10 years of dreaming and planning coming to an end in less than 24 hours? If I knew how I wouldn’t be asking you. I’ll gather my thoughts, like JJ trying to figure out how to get his ambulance through the roadblocks AND let Victor fix the slipping transmission. Unfortunately it won’t be as easy as radioing the flatbed truck in front of me. Yes this little obscure allusion made me laugh out loud. I am such a dork. Why any of you would be following along on my journey still baffles me but I hope you find as much entertainment in reading it as I do in writing it. So Ushuaia awaits and off to my filthy dirty truck I must go. Oh wait I need gas and lunch and over to the market for some grub for camping tonight.

Enjoy the gallery. I’ll send a SPOT out tomorrow and write a few words. Maybe a lot of words. Have a wonderful weekend kids. Or if you get this on Monday morning make that ‘week.’

2 comments:

Thrashes Rakes said...

Those pix are really nice. What is the massif pictured in the Argentina album?

Shreesh Taskar | www.alongdrive.com

Darren said...

hmmm. seems to me I won this in a white elephant exchange. :-)

Nice one.

Sticker is ready and waiting to go out!

dw