Friday, March 7, 2008

more pics

As you can tell from the numerous SPOT messages recently I have been camping since last Saturday. My friend J is here and we are sending them out to keep his family updated on his progress. Loaded up a ton of pics tonight in the gallery. Well they don’t actually weigh 2000lbs but 89 is quite a few.  Bolivia and Chile. All desert. And what an amazing desert it is.  I’ll find time to write more words on Sunday night when we get to Copiapo.   Hopefully the pics can entertain you until then.  Between j and I there are about 1800 pics to look through over the last 5 days.  If I try really hard I might finally be able to come up with why I prefer the desert to all other landscapes.  I can feel it. Just not sure I can express it. 8 years of longing for a trip through the Atacama may have led to disappointment. My experience so far greatly exceeded my expectations.  Wow is that alliteration?  3 words starting with ‘e’ in one sentence. Or is it assonance? One of them I’m sure.  On that note, time for bed. A nice clean sleep after 5 nights with no shower. Not sure I can handle it.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is both alliteration and assonance. Assonance is the repetition of a vowel. Consonance is the repetition of a consonant. And alliteration just means you have the repetition of a sound at the beginning of each word in a sentence. Arghhh! What does it all matter? If it sounds good it is good if it doesn't than I must have wrote it.

Eric V.

Anonymous said...

you must be like a school teacher or something. a very funny one at that. i actually know what they are. i was trying to be clever at 2am. obviously i was struggling.

Anonymous said...

I know you've commented on your less than ideal cargo placement with the roof rack, but when I saw the recently uploaded picture of the three LC's, (Picture_20133_20_Large_) I instantly had a vision of Tom Sheppard lowering and shaking his head in disappointment.

Keep the posts coming. I can't wait to see the write up for OJ when you return to the states.

Weave

Laura said...

Dave - Your cousin Laura, Been loving the updates & most definitely the photos. What an amazing adventure. Keep the pics coming!
~L

Anonymous said...

weave,

it makes me cringe sometimes when i hit a really rough section of road to have all that weight up there but then i remember tom sheppard had the finaces of the rgs and i don't. you would not believe how much stuff those bolivian guides load up there. 7 passengers too.