Friday, January 25, 2008

spot explanation

I have a had a few inquiries about the SPOT device so I thought I would elaborate a bit more on how it works. It is a simple satellite beacon.  The message you see in the email are static and I can only change them via the internet. That is why sometimes a message will say I may be on a boat even though I’m in Ecuador.   Which would mean I haven’t had a chance to change it.  Unfortunately their site is not one I can access from my phone which is where I do most of my internet work. 

 

What you will notices is that the GPS Coordinates and accompanying Google Maps link are from the location where I send the signal. Sometimes I send them to let those close to me know that I’m okay. Sometimes I sent them to gloat that I’m on some remote stretch of beach. Sometimes they may be completely confusing like a random road in the middle of Colombia. These are really just for me to have for future reference like when I crossed 15k on the odometer.   The last one today I think is pretty self explanatory but just in case you need help I’m including  2 pics in this post.

 

 

No comments: