Saturday, January 19, 2008

where have i been?

Well I’m not really sure where I’ve been. Virtually speaking.  I am now in Bogota and will probably do a write up on the entire shipping process along with a photo update in the next day or so.  I’m going to save my Colombia adventures until I leave the country because I don’t want to jinx them.  So far it has been one amazing experience and tomorrow I’m going four-wheeling with a local club here in Bogota so it can really only get better.   I plan to get to Ecuador Thurs or Friday next week.   For now you’ll just have to deal with SPOT updates and a few posts about document management and shipping. 

 

However, if you want to see where I have been in the virtual world, and see a little bit of the neurosis that afflicts  a large number of my friends you can find your way over to my Rig Of The Week thread on IH8MUD.  That is where the majority of my very little online time has been spent this past week.  It is a very detailed write up of the lovely Ruby Claire.  I highly recommend it.  Why? Well it helps me feel less guilty about not posting more to my blog over the last week and well because it is in my choppy, disjointed prose you’re bound to find it entertaining.  Oh and my friend Travis Jeremy Farnes pointed out after attending  TLCA event in Moab, UT a few years back,  the Land Cruiser world could be easily made into a mockumentary like Waiting for Guffman or Best in Show. We have our own language. There are petty arguments over vehicle preferences and supposed superiority.  There are costal biases and cliquish infighting.  Basically a world few outsiders would ever understand but could spend hours making fun of.  

 

Or you may just find some insight into how, 12k miles away from Utah, in a world completely foreign to my own,  I am welcomed into the home of complete strangers solely based upon ownership of a low volume production Japanese SUV.

 

 

No comments: