Tuesday, January 22, 2008

well hello there...

well hello there, it’s been a long, long time. How ya doing? how am I doin? Well I guess I’m doing fine. Well it seems like it’s been so long but it was only yesterday. Ain’t it funny, how time slips away.

A few quick items tonight.

I went wheeling with some Colombianos Sunday. It was a blast and I’ll do an official write up of the day’s events in the next few days. However even though the trail wasn’t mind blowing difficult or scenic the circumstances were truly special so perhaps I might be submitting it to a publication. So hold tight. However pics are here if you want them. And a few firsts happened on the trail for me. First time with Nissan Patrols and first time I got to see the reseating of a bead with fire trick work.

I also added pics to my main gallery from Panama and Colombia. Link is to your right. Or if you get this via email go here.

Lastly here is your chance to be a part of Expedition Americas. Any of you who know me are fully aware of my fetish for stickers. So a sticker was a must and before I left I had some made up. Thanks to Adam for the beautiful artwork and Kaleb for getting the stickers made. I brought about 30 with me to give to fellow Overlanders or friends I have met along the way (hey Rodolfo) but I left some at home with my friend Darren to sell. As of January 22, 2008 12:42am MST there are 49 stickers left and one can be yours for the measly sum of $10 which includes postage. It will help me recoup the cost of the stickers and if I sell them all I’ll be able to afford another 1400 miles or so of gasoline. I am including a pic of the sticker on my truck as well as the wonderful adornment of stickers before I left. Below are instructions from Darren that I stole from the forum at WasatchCruisers.org about the stickers. Big thanks to D for facilitating this.

stickers/support


So this is long overdue (sorry dmc) but I was given the honor of being Dave's official Expedition Americas sticker/support manager.

I have a limited amount of Expedition Americas Logo Stickers (around 65 at this writing). The stickers are professional quality, die cut, measuring approx. 6 inches tall x 5 inches wide. The price of the sticker is based on the production cost and includes a little extra to buy Dave some petrol, help pay for $$$hipping his truck, a taco or two, a bribe to cross a border, etc.

The stickers are $10 each, minimum. Feel free to pay more for them if you would like to support Dave beyond that. It will be greatly appreciated.

Sticker payment and support funds can be PayPal'd to dave@expeditionamericas.com. I will promptly mail the stickers out to you.

Dave also has a cafepress site with logowear.

And don't forget to sign up for Dave's Expedition Americas blog so that you can follow his journey and adventure.

No comments: