Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Well some of you may have noticed I am sending my SPOT gps updates to my blog. Easiest way to distribute them I think.  I also tried posting from my phone last night and never showed up for some reason. I’ll need to get that figured out soon because pulling over to dig out the laptop is not always convenient. 

 

So last night I broke my own tenet and the cardinal rule of latin American travel: do not drive at night.  I drove 4 hours in the darkness.  After 1000 miles on Saturday and another 650 or so on Sunday I wasn’t going to let a stupid 6 hour delay prevent me from getting to El Arco before the Trophy Trucks come ripping through. So I’m pulled off the side of MEX 1 about to leave the pavement for a week.  I’ll be out of contact except my SPOT signal and relishing it.  I’ll find time to read, write, and finally organize my filthy truck. 


I’ve found over the last 2 days I know far more Spanish than I thought. The lessons are paying off. I also learned I don’t know anywhere near as much as I need to.  But it is coming along. Visa, 3 security checks, passed out about 30 stickers and ordered some tacos just fine.  Yeah really deep conversations.  Time for some dirt road rallying…

dmc

No comments: